Before we start our journey on deck 5 i would like to add a little information to go along with last week’s posting. I forgot to mention that the kid clubs on the Breeze are not an additional charge. The clubs are just a great place for kids to be with other kids their age and a ton of fun activities.
Let’s get started on deck 5 – The Promenade
The Promenade is a deck that is always hopping. A few of my favorite places are located on deck 5 those being the steakhouse and the casino.
Starting at the stern or back of the ship and moving toward the bow or front you will find the Limelight Lounge. The Limelight Lounge is where you can go for The Punchliner Comedy shows. There are two types of comedy shows at different hours. The family friendly and the adult only. Unlike land based comedy clubs The Punchliner does not have a cover charge or a drink purchase minimum. The downside to The Punchliner is the limited seating. This isn’t like the Ovation Theater that has enough seats for everyone on the ship. It’s first come, first sit. If when reading your Fun Times you see a comedy show you would like to attend make sure and highlight the time and be there early. During the day the Limelight Lounge offers different activities such as karaoke and bingo. Check out the Fun Times for all of the happenings.
Just outside The Punchliner you will find Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse. The steakhouse is delicious! When Scott and I went on our second cruise we saw that there was a cooking demonstration in the steakhouse. We went and loved the demonstration on cooking techniques and of course all of the samples they had for our tasting pleasure. We went ahead and made a reservation to have dinner there. The menu selection was steak and seafood primarily. Our meal included an appetizer, salad, entrée, side and dessert. Here are a few things you should know about the steakhouse:
- There is an additional charge of $35 per adult. This year Carnival has added a child’s menu where kids 12 and under eat for $10. The price is more than reasonable for the service, quality of food, and portion size. The cost of this dinner will be added to your Sail and Sign account.
- The portions are generous and we left completely full.
- They have the best Mac and Cheese! Just ask Scott.
- If you make reservations for the first night you are on the ship they give your table a complimentary bottle of red or white wine.
- This is a restaurant that shorts and flip flops are not acceptable. This is a nice restaurant so please dress in your “Sunday Best.”
- If you are interested in making reservations prior to getting on the ship you can email in advance giving your booking number, name, dates you will be sailing, and how many people to BRsteakhouse@carnival.com. You can also make reservations from the manage my cruise on http://www.carnival.com since I know everyone has already gone online and set up their accounts.
Across from Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse is the Piano Bar 88. The piano bar is a very laid back and fun place. There is a piano player in the middle of the bar playing all of your favorite songs and taking requests all night long. You can choose to sit around the piano or in the comfortable seating spread out around the space. When Scott and I attended this bar was packed. It was amazing how quickly 2 hours went by. Piano 88 is a big sing a long.
So far on deck 5 you have all the makings for a perfect date night. Some amazing food at Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse, a comedy show in the Limelight Lounge, and end the evening with some lively fun at the Piano Bar 88.
Next week we will continue on our stroll of The Promenade. Ha! Technically I just said stroll of the stroll. I amuse myself so much!