The date is set, December 17-24, 2017. The ship has been selected, the Carnival Breeze. The departure/return location is Galveston, Texas. And the itinerary is chosen. What more could there possibly be to know…..only enough stuff to fill up blog posts every week for the next year and a half.
By the way, the itinerary looks like this:
- Sunday, December 17th departure from Galveston, TX
- Monday, December 18th Fun Day at Sea
- Tuesday, December 19th Cozumel, Mexico
- Wednesday, December 20th Belize City, Belize
- Thursday, December 21st Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan, Honduras
- Friday, December 22nd Fun Day at Sea
- Saturday, December 23rd Fun Day at Sea
- Sunday, December 24th return to Galveston
Normally deposits run $250 per person but not in our universe. When the $50 deposit per person becomes available I will let everyone know A.S.A.P. Sometimes this deal is for one day only and other times it lasts for a week. I will contact the Carnival Personal Vacation Planner (PVP) or as we like to refer to him, George. At that time I will need to tell George the following information:
- Full names of each traveler. If you normally go by a nickname or any name other than what is on your legal documents please make sure I have the correct name to use. This would include D.J. and Chad.
- Dates of Birth
- What cabin category you have selected
- Email address and phone number Carnival can use to contact you.
After I have given George all the information it will be your responsibility to call him directly to give your deposits. We then have the option to make small payments, large payments, or simply pay our cruise in full prior to 76 days from the sail date. That means your cruise must be paid in full 76 days (October 2, 2017) prior to the December 17th departure. I will not be handling your payments. You will make the initial deposit with George and then after that you have the option of contacting him or just going online. Scott & I prefer making our payments online because it’s more convenient and we can readily see our balance.
There are two items you will see as an added charge and those are port fees and taxes. I have looked at the cruise Scott & I will be on in 181 days and found that our fees are $90.11 per person.
I will be keeping a spreadsheet of each person’s information to give to George. Now obviously I know the majority but just to humor me, when you get a chance please send me the info. I know this was a rather long post and I do plan on making further posts a bit more condensed. I will be posting to the blog every Monday. First round of cruise fun surprises will be going out in the mail the end of the week! (DJ & Matti I will hand you yours)