Aaaww yeah it’s counting down to the big meetup in Houston. Five more days before Samantha, Keegan & Uriah leave Fairbanks and only six days until George Bush Intercontinental Airport welcomes us. First we will have Allen arrive at 3:40 pm, then the Alaska peeps at 4:27 pm, and the Colorado twosome at 6:22 pm. There, anxiously awaiting the arrivals, will be Scott, Gina, DJ, and Kelsey.
I thought I would post a friendly reminder of items not to forget:
- Airline info
- Cash – $1’s & $5’s for tipping and small bills for buying items in ports. You don’t want to show the vendors that you have big bills and can afford to buy way more. I believe Scott and I will be getting $50 in $1’s and $50 in $5’s and then $100 in $10’s.
- Credit and debit cards
- Call your bank and card companies to let them know you will be out of state and country
- Insurance cards
- Ziplock bags for wet clothes and water shoes
- Cell phone and chargers
- Sunglasses and hat
- Light jacket or sweater
- Empty bag or suitcase for buying stuff
- Extra batteries for electronics if needed
- Formal night clothes and shoes
The cruise is paid except for tipping and whatever you purchase onboard. You are responsible for buying any alcoholic or carbonated beverages, gambling, and extras. Please make sure and check your Sign and Sail account often so you aren’t surprised about how much money you owe,
In Galveston the beach house is paid in full and the ferry ride is free. I have printed off the coupon for the Moody Gardens Aquarium Pyramid but we will have to purchase when we get there. In Progreso the Flamingo/Cenote/Ruins excursion is paid in full. In Cozumel Mr. Sanchos would only allow deposits to be paid in advance so the entry fee of $40 per person and $20 for Uriah is due. The beach fun, food and drink is all-inclusive so no worries there. If you wish to do additional excursions there they do cost more. Also, don’t forget that the taxi ride to and from are not prepaid.In Houston the hotel rooms are booked but not paid.
I’m thinking we have everything handled and ready for an awesome vacation. This is not a high stress or hurry up get together. Let’s all be chill and have a great time.
It might also be a good idea to go back and read all the blogs again so you will be refreshed with information and ready to sail!